Jon Driver died suddenly on 28th November 2011. Jon was a wonderful individual; a loving son, husband, father and brother; and an irreplaceable friend and colleague.

This is a place for everyone who knew Jon to share our memories of him and through this to help celebrate his life.

If you would like to add a description of your memories of Jon to this blog please contact g.rees@ucl.ac.uk with the text you would like posted. We welcome any contribution, from short snippets to longer pieces. Please bear in mind this is a place to remember Jon and to help celebrate his life.

As well as this blog, there is also a photograph album to which friends and colleagues are most welcome to contribute. If you would like to add one or more pictures please email it/them to g.rees@ucl.ac.uk

7 December 2011

from Charlotte Russell

Very few people genuinely change your life but meeting Jon changed mine. I went for an interview for a summer RA job with him in Cambridge just after I'd finished my finals. As I waited I wondered what this Jon Driver would look like. It took me a (long enough to be embarrassing) moment to realise that the very young man, smiling a funny half smile, who had just come up to me was him.  I didn’t carry on with my plans as they were at that time but worked with him and then came back when he went to London to be his RA and do a Ph.D. He was, as everyone says, extremely clever but not intimidating and never pompous. His company was exciting: sometimes awkward and inspirational in turns.

When I saw him in October his face became so animated when he realised that my son was with me. He said that he was pleased to finally meet him and tried to get a smile out of him - a grumpy, just woken, toddler.

Jon was important to me and it is hard to believe that I won’t meet up with him again. All my thoughts and love are with Nilli, their sons and his family.